Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Don't Be Shy...Express Yourself

Hi lovies!

I have been crazy busy lately, I didn't get a chance to post anything last week :(  BUT I'm back hooray! AND I have awesome news, I am in the process of buying new stuff for my new apartment woo hoo! That's right, I am packing my bags and getting ready to start a new chapter in my life and I cannot wait...the only thing is...I need to figure out how I am going to decorate my new bedroom and well...I tend to overthink things when it comes to decorating :/

(www.woodeso.com)

I think it's normal...I hope? The way I see it is this, your bedroom is your sacred space, it's where you get ready in the morning, a lot of thinking happens here, dreaming, and just lounging around. It's important that you make it special to you, make it welcoming. See what I'm saying?

Here is what I am thinking, I think we should introduce ourselves to the new bedroom/home. Take your time with every room...

I love decorating with a bunch of colors, pillows, pictures, books, and candles.

The colors of your bedroom should be soft, I personally like the cream, lavendar, etc. Using bold colors like black make the room seem smaller.

Pile on the pillows, it gives you the opportunity for a larger variety of color. Check out kuler.adobe.com for color schemes. I use this site all the time, there are a TON of variations, some that you probably would never have thought of :)   Get the texture goin girl! Change it up, make it interesting to the eye.

(www.realsimple.com)

I'm really big on candles, I love the aroma, the delicious scents...vanilla, Japanese cherry blossom, peach martini, birthday cake, etc. (I have an obsession with Bath and BodyWorks candles) make the bedroom and apartment/house more desirable, don't you think?  www.bathandbodyworks.com

Try out having more than one mirror, I have found having more than one adds the illusion of more light. Choose mirrors with different frames, adds more texture to the space.

Book shelves...LOVE LOVE LOVE...Although I have a ton of books to catch up on, hee hee opps, I really love bookshelves, books on living room tables...sometimes I find antique looking books give rooms a more vintage look, more interesting.

Most importantly...Make it for YOU, it's YOUR room, so it's YOUR place where you'll be the main one hanging out there. Don't be shy, express yourself :)

(decorationtrendy.com)

These are just samples I found online, as you can see. Once I get my new place all decorated, I'll be sure to upload pics for you all to see. I can't wait to show you!

xo,
AP

No comments:

Post a Comment