Thursday, July 18, 2013

Keep Calm and ALOHA ON


ALOOOOOOHHAAA lovies!

So my family and I just got back a few days ago from beautiful Hawaii and my goodness, can I just say...I did NOT want to go home. The people in Hawaii have such calm and peaceful personalities. They definitely don't lie when they say "Hang Loose".
The readers who have visited a Hawaiian island know what I'm talking about, am I right? haha





So, like SoCal, there's a lot of surfing going on in Hawaii but this is the state where it all started thanks to the legendary Duke. Now, I wanted to try out surfing but I ALSO wanted to try Paddleboarding/Stand Up Board. My instructor said it was possible to surf the waves with both, just paddleboards wouldn't allow you to do the cool tricks like the smaller surfboard would. I decided to take up Paddleboarding in the long run since it still deals with a board, waves, AND being a newbie, I got my own paddle for balance haha, something like that.

I was so stoked when I was able to stand up, after 2 tries, AND oh man get this, an adorable mellow sea turtle same up to the surface while I was paddleboarding...not gonna lie, it definitely surprised me but it was such an awesome experience to be so close to it (in the wild).

(Road to Hana)

(Haleakala National Park) 



(900 ft waterfall!)

The nature in Hawaii is gorgeous. The rainbows, the scenery, the flowers, volcanoes, trees, ocean, waterfalls...everything is breathtaking. We took a helicopter ride around Maui and I was at awe. To me, it's amazing to see what wondrous things are in this world. It truly is magical (I know, cheesy side but seriously if you haven't been, write it in your bucketlist).

Our pilot told us that a part of Jurassic Park was filmed there in Maui, so that was pretty exciting; I definitely played the theme song in my head while we flew around. 

What I love the most of Hawaii, besides the people and nature, are the stories. Almost everything in nature has a story of how it came to be. There was a lot of talk about the goddess of volcanoes Pele. She had a lot of stories around the island. I'll talk about her more in another post later. 

I have so much more to share with you all, I just don't want to overwhelm with too many pictures and paragraphs haha. I'll be back in a few days to show more :)

XO
-AP




No comments:

Post a Comment