Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"The Bold Fold"


Alright guys,

So my last post was a tad bit too emotional...too personal. Let's be real. As I said at the end of that post, I promised I would write about something more relevant to our everyday lives...and I've decided on a fun FOOD POST YUM!

Last weekend, my amazingly awesome parents visited Southern California and I acted as their little tour guide. I took them to a few places, including one of my newly beloved grub joint called "Bruxie".

Now, I don't know if many of you are aware of this fascinating discovery. Recently it has been expanding to throughout SoCal. As of now there are Bruxie restaurants in Brea Downtown, Old Towne Orange, Rancho Santa Margarita, Chino Hills, Huntington Beach, Irvine Heritage Plaza, and a new one is going to open in Costa Mesa.

Ok, so let me get to the point of why I decided to write about this beautiful place. What they offer is GOURMET WAFFLE SANDWICHES...how does that NOT sound AMAZING!? As soon as I read the title, I was drawn to it. Well actually to be honest, as soon as I stepped out of my car and smelled the delicious waffle scent, I was drawn... I felt like one of those cartoon characters that gets lifted off the ground.
According to their site's description: "We sell waffle sandwiches, also known as Bruxies. Imagine a Panini, if you will, but instead of the bread it’s a delicious yeasty, light and crisp waffle! There are savory and sweet waffle sandwiches as well as an assortment of beverages including pure cane sugar sodas, frozen custard, shakes, floats, and Peet’s Coffee and Teas."

It's a great description but I feel like it's missing so many words. It's difficult to describe when you have truly fallen for a certain food or anything. I have not tried their "frozen custard" yet, I'm really curious to see what that tastes like. AND another perk is that the waffles are not fried, they use legit waffle irons which made me feel a little better. The only thing they do fry are their chicken for the chicken and waffles sandwich which looks like this.

You gotta pair that bad boy with those waffle fries too. I'm telling you, no one will be disappointed once you try this. They have dessert waffle sandwiches too, I'm planning on trying a dessert one out soon...maaayyybbeee this weekend tee hee. We'll see we'll see.

Here are a few more pics to look and savor


MY FAVORITE! TURKEY CLUB!

I'm not a fan of tomatoes but I think it was because of Bruxie that I started allowing myself to eat them. I just...the flavor...all together...


PLEASE GO AND FIND A BRUXIE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT! And if you truly didn't like it...well then just lie to me and say you liked it. 

Alright guys, that's all for now. Til next week!

XO
-AP

No comments:

Post a Comment