Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Little Moment of Reflecting...AP Style

 Hi All!

As some of you know, I have made one of the biggest moves of my life...literally. I landed a part-time gig where I work celebrity events, work with different production studios, and have a multitude of opportunities to network and create bonds with future employers. (That's me above checking out my horizon ahead of me with new opportunities...corny I know...bare with me).

I was looking over at the past posts I have written and not one has ever really told the story of how I came to live in SoCal.

I am originally from the Bay Area ( which will forever have a special place in my heart). I had been applying like crazy to different production studios, personal assistant jobs, creative/artistic jobs, all in Los Angeles but it seemed like NO ONE wanted to hire me. I honestly had no idea what I was going to do. I became impatient, frustrated, and just bored with where I was in my life. It wasn't that I wasn't happy living at home and having my dearest and best friends near me, it was just that I was so ready for a change in my life.



When I finally "knocked on the correct door" and was offered a position as an assistant/production coordinator, I jumped for joy...LITERALLY haha, ok well maybe I danced like Chandler.


I packed my bags and I was off to Southern California...Miss AP was well on her way to conquer a new part of California...why I didn't make this my first post on my blog, I don't know...but anyway, the important thing is, I'm finally getting to it :)


Now, getting on that independent life thing. OH MY GOSH, can I just say, life is full of surprises. I have always been told that, and if friends asked for life advice, I would respond with that too, "life is full of surprises, it's hard, but in a good way".

I mean, sure you have bills to pay, GAS expenses, food...coffee runs...ok that's not a necessity but it's pretty important to me, hehe. Watching out for myself, my surroundings, the people I allow in my life, decisions/situations I am faced with, it's all about growing up.

I'm probably sounding cheesy and annoying to some of you but I have been having momentary deep-thought moments...where am I in life? What am I doing? What else can I do? I'm wondering if it's a quarter life crisis? Not a crisis, I don't like that word, it's more of a quarter life - life review, something like that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy where life has taken me. So here I am, sitting at a Starbucks, working on my blog, and all I can think of is "what's next? what are the next steps I get to take?...Also, I can't wait for my family to visit me, they are visiting in a few days so that's exciting WOOOO!"

How fun is this quote right here? 


It's so true, life is just awesome. Yea, it's difficult. We all have our moments. But damn, it's going to be quite a story to tell :)


I think this was more of a reflection post, reflect on life, what position I am in and taking a moment to get excited for what's to come. Have you guys had those thoughts lately? 

I'll write a new post about something more related to fashion, travel, and FOOD next time.


XO
-AP

No comments:

Post a Comment