Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My Blood Type Is Coffee

So I had been wanting to get back on writing about different locations I would visit while I live here in Southern California. I have been keeping up with my Miss_FoodRoute Instagram but there was something missing. I realized I had completely forgotten about my blog, you know...the place where it all began. I know...I am ashamed too, BUT I'M BACK YA'LL!

Alright enough of that, so let me start off with letting you all know...I am quite a coffee enthusiast. I wasn't into coffee as much as I am now, this took time. I used to think the taste was extremely bitter and just ... "bleh", I couldn't even stand the smell. Honestly, it was like this every time I would give coffee a try...



But it's ok, I passed that horrible phase in my life, although, not gonna lie, I did have a time when I was just head over heels "in love" with coffee like...


Yup...

But then I realized, "oh wait, I'm supposed to enjoy the taste and comfort feeling and not down it like there's no tomorrow". So then I made it to where I'm at now and truly appreciate coffee and all its glory...


Now that you are up to date with my coffee journey of love, I can get to why I am writing a post about coffee in the first place.

This past weekend, my awesome roommate and I ventured out to Downtown Los Angeles in search of Verve Coffee Roasters. 

Now, before we went, we did do a little research about the place and, as I said in the very early stages of my blog's life, I am originally from the Bay Area, so you can imagine my surprise when I learned that Verve Coffee Roasters is from NorCal. That's right! There are 3 shops in good ole Santa Cruz :) so that made me really happy because that meant that my friends and family back home, and anyone from there of course, could visit a Verve Coffee Roaster and enjoy the magic that's made there everyday. <3 

I give you, VERVE COFFEE ROASTERS


Like a true Instagram fanatic, I instantly...get it? "instantly...Instant...Instagram?" Yea ok, dumb...ANYWAY! I took my phone out and prepared the mini photoshoot set of the fun goodies we ordered.

Look at that. I mean honestly, how pretty is that juice flight deck? My roommate and I were really excited, a little too much but we are proud of the pics we took :)


In my opinion and experience when visiting a new restaurant with more than one person, it's smartest to have everyone order something different and share it all. Sharing is caring people, remember that...plus it's a good strategy.

We look a leap of faith on the juice flight deck, we went more for it because of how great it would look in photos but it turned out to be really great. We were instructed to drink the shots in zig zag formation. It went from most veggie/bitter to fruity/sweetest.

Yes, the first few were a little "meh" on our tastebuds but towards the end of the deck, we were sad to see an end.

Along with the juice, we ordered ciabatta pizza, monkeybread, and tea drink called "Bowl of Soul" which consisted of milk, honey, and their own tea concoction. ALL SOOOO GOOD! There is a really nice selection to choose from, we were very happy with our choices, we are definitely planning to go back and try other pastries and drinks.


One of the main things I look for when visiting a restaurant, cafe, bar/lounge is the ambiance and look of it all. I am in search of a place where I can see myself spending some time chatting with a friend comfortably, read a book/script, work on my laptop, etc. Plus I want it to look cute, and of course feel safe if there's an outdoor patio, etc. Oh yea...and cleanliness is a def MUST!


As soon as we arrived to Verve Coffee Roasters, I was at awe. The look of it all was what I was hoping for. It has such a cute unique decor, it puts you at ease and has a way of making you forget you are in Downtown LA. That was pretty impressive, that's how comfortable this cafe is.


So, an important side note you should know about me, if you haven't noticed by now, is I really like to use reaction gifs to get a real emotion out there. I think it really shows my true feeling(s) for the post. 

I am also known to be easily entertained, pleased, and not to mention distracted by unique decor or just anything in general that catches my attention...so when i looked up, I thought I looked like...


When in reality, I am pretty sure I looked like...


Yea...easily amazed.


The interior is different though, also a comfortable feeling but in different sense. Outdoors, it made me feel like I was in a garden but inside, I felt like I was in a hip art studio. With its high ceilings, spacious dinning area, and friendly staff, I could see myself working and drinking my coffee/tea all day. A comfort one seeks when coffee/tea is involved :)


Overall, I really enjoyed going to Verve Coffee Roasters. The food was delicious, the drinks were awesome. The consistency was on point. The staff was very helpful with questions I had and they were more than happy to guide their customers on best way to drink their coffee, tea, and/juice flight deck. 

I highly recommend you visit, I am posting their link here:
http://www.vervecoffeeroasters.com/

One of the the things they said about their coffee that won me over is this, "Everything we do—sourcing, roasting, brewing, educating—is about bringing you that place in a cup. Because coffee should be true."

How can you say these guys don't mean business? They know how good coffee should be treated. "True"

Check out their blog, coffee menu, what they do, and their locations. Honestly, you won't be disappointed. Send me locations on where to visit! I need more on my list!

XO
-AP



No comments:

Post a Comment