Thursday, August 22, 2013

Long Lost Friends at Disneyland

Hello hello hello!

So I am proud to admit that I'm a freakin Disney Fanatic...on my days off or days I have nothing to do, I simply drive to Disneyland and walk around. Yup, on my own...some may think it's super lonely to do that, while others praise it. 

Don't get me wrong, Disneyland is WAY more fun with friends or family with you but in all honesty it's quite relaxing. You leave for the park when you want. You eat whatever appetizes your stomach (no judgment), you go on whatever attraction you want, and you leave when you are ready to leave.


(Hades was crazy tall)

This week they are holding the "Long Lost Friends" event where Disney characters you don't usually see in the parks visit. It's really exciting because they are characters you honestly either rarely see, or don't EVER see. My brother messaged me the other night begging me to get my butt over to the park because Hades was going to be at the event...so like the awesome sister that I am ;) I went and got pics for him...I know I know, so nice. 

I highly suggest whoever lives near Disneyland, make it a trip over there, they are here until August 25th (Sunday) and then you'll just have to wait for the next event. I'm not sure when that is but I'll keep ya posted :)

 (favorite quote he said was "When in doubt, giggle it out")

 

(definitely almost had a heart attack when I saw Tarzan) 

 (Hades, Meg, and good ole Hercules)

(Meg and Hercules <3)

In my trips to Disneyland, I have taken time to also journey off into the park to find "healthier" finds for meals. As much as we all love the sweets, BREAD, and awesome popcorn...not to mention the turkey legs...at least for me, I like to eat at least something on the lighter side. 



Never fear, Tomorrowland is near! Pizza Port in Tomorrowland has a nice variety of salads there. I was so happy when I discovered this. I had seen and had salads in other locations in the park but there were only like 2 different salads and the dressing was just too much. But at Pizza Port, they have like 5 different selections, along with a different side salad, so I guess that makes it 6 selections for salads. 

The best part is, they are all YUUUUMMMY! I also found in Disney's California Adventures,  they have a Mediterranean meal section in the pier area where they serve a variety of lighter choices which is great, in my opinion. 

And of course, they have their fruit stands, my favorite is scoring the mango packages...it comes with a lime and chile, oh my gosh it's so good. I'm all about that spice, my mouth waters whenever I see it, haha.

I'm going to continue my research, I want to find lighter desserts...that may take a while, but my gosh will I have fun researching!


Until next time :)


XO
-AP

No comments:

Post a Comment