Friday, December 27, 2013

Miss Food Route

Hey everyone!

I finally figured out what I am going to focus my YouTube Channel on...FOOD! Food Reviews :) For my first review I decided to choose 2 locations in the Bay Area, I was visiting for the holidays and took the opportunity to film.

http://youtu.be/5IlSQ3CDdWo

The first place I chose was Kara's Cupcakes in Burlingame Ave, CA. Every cupcake is made fresh daily, honestly baked within minutes before purchasing. When I went in to order a few flavors, I could see the pastry chefs working in the back. It's a charming little spot, very pink, I loved it because of it's elegant look for both the environment and it's decorations on the cupcakes. The simplicity of the look won my heart. Although I do enjoy cupcakes having different mixed toppings, it can sometimes be a bit of an overwhelming taste whereas Kara's Cupcakes has it just right.


For dinner, we were craving Mediterranean cuisine so we chose a place called "Albayk". I'm a big fan of those hole in the walls or "I don't know what this is" type of restaurant. I know I know, that's probably not the best way to choose a location to eat but I honestly think it adds a bit more curiosity. Don't worry, we made sure to Yelp it on reviews...I love adventures but getting good reviews is important too!


Albayk was really tasty, very authentic. One big thing I want to recommend/say is make sure to share your dish, they come quite large. I split my plate and we could barely finish it. There was a delicious white sauce the dish came with that added a great zest to the food; I regret not asking what it was. There, you can order Shawarmas, kabobs, falafels, and more. I want to visit again and get a different plate, I think I enjoyed it most because it was surprisingly light, I didn't feel that I stuffed my face with a bunch of food...that could have been the fact that I split my plate though...maybe.

Nonetheless,  I definitely recommend both places I went to. I will be returning to Southern California this coming weekend so I'll be moving my reviews to there soon. In the meantime, stay tuned on my channel, I most likely will review a few other locations here in Northern Cali.

I'll do my best to keep it classy and not look like...

http://www.bopandtigerbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Demi-Lovato-Popcorn-Gif.gif


XO
-AP

No comments:

Post a Comment