Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Granville Cafe, Nom Nom!

Hello and Happy 2014!

I have been busy exploring my new neighborhood and deciding which place to review for you. Who knew there were so many to choose from. I'm almost certain I am going to be whipping out my camera to shoot footage every time I go out, I am obsessed, ha. As of now, I take out my iPhone and snap a pic for Instagram, WHICH by the way, I created an account that is solely for food...that's right, FOOOOOD. Follow me at Miss_FoodRoute, you'll get more pictures and Instagram check-ins of where I visit, I figure it's a good backup idea for the places I don't videotape, right?

So, here is Granville Cafe, a natural, organic, and housemade restaurant...

You can find this restaurant in downtown Burbank, CA. It's walking distance from so many other restaurants, movie theater, shopping mall, boutiques, etc. I love downtown locations, it gives you a chance to have a nice walk with friends, family, maybe even date nights. The look of it was a college town vibe, quite a young crowd with a family mix, it's really cool.

I went with my parents this past weekend, my dad was wanting a cool new place with great food and I thought, what better than here...also, it was like a 7 min walk from their hotel which was nice, it gave us a warm up walk to build the hunger haha.

I ordered the Caprese Sandwich with the Lobster soup on the side (middle left). OMG it was soooo good! The tomatoes were fresh, the mozzarella was at perfect texture. Overall, the sandwich was refreshing, warm bread but cold insides but the mix worked great.

My mom and dad had a NY Steak and Skirt Steak and then for appetizer we tried the Classic Mac & Cheese. I was worried the mac & cheese was going to be too cheesy but it was at perfect consistency all around; plus it was topped with breadcrumbs which gave it a nice crunch.

The drinks are great along with the service.  Now, I can't forget about dessert, we made sure to leave room for it, the waiters must have known we were craving something sweet, they kept walking around us with different desserts....ugh tempting and great strategy to lure us in, ha.


So, to close off the night, we ordered the Ultimate Dessert Platter...now, if that doesn't sound tempting, then I don't know what would. It came with Devil's Advocate Chocolate Cake, Berry Patch Shortcake and Brulee'd Banana Brownie. My favorite out of those three was the Devil's Advocate Chocolate Cake...it was AMAZING! The custard it came with was pure heaven. The photo above doesn't do it justice, seriously.


Go out to Burbank and go to Granville, I promise you will NOT be disappointed.  Here is the link for you to check out the menu and more info about the place <3 

http://www.granvillecafe.com/sn_menu.html




Until next time lovies~

XO
-AP




No comments:

Post a Comment