Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wanderlust..."A Strong Desire To Travel"

It was just time to discover a little more of our California...


It was finally that time, a good road trip with good family. My dad came up with the idea, he's usually the one who plans out these adventures. He had mentioned wanting to visit Death Valley and I had heard good things about the place but I had never really given it much thought. I mean, the name "Death Valley" wasn't very appealing to me; all I could think of was the heat...dry heat...just hot. But LUCKILY, me having such a smart father, we went during the time of year when it was neither too hot or cold, so yay for you pops!


So here we are, yea I'd say this is our most touristy pic of the bunch. We had to. Saw the sign...it was a must.




We went to this place they called "The Devil's Golf Course". They say only the devil can play golf here because the area is so jaggedy and rough...I still took the time to walk along and strike a pose. No big :)


I learned that my family likes to take pictures of me checking out the scenery. Pretty nice shots if you don't mind me saying, hee hee. But really though, the views of these places were pretty dang cool, and not to mention, the trees we found were awesome. I couldn't stay away, I had to take the climb.


Now, that was during the day. Being in the desert, waking up early to see the sunrise is kind of a thing to have on your list. Believe me, it was quite a struggle and I had a big talk with myself while I gathered the strength to get up. I knew if I didn't wake up, I would regret it.

I must say, I AM a morning person BUT sometimes I just don't have the strength to get up at 5AM the day after hiking to go and see a sunrise BUT when your parents tell you it's a moment you DO NOT want to miss...plus they'd buy you the biggest coffee afterwards, I just couldn't say no.


So here I am in the car passed out...just catching some last ZZZs before the sunrise started.


We waited for a while before anything really started to get interesting but then...


It was pretty breathtaking.


So breathtaking, that I even got out of the car to take in the moment altogether.


Yea...it was worth it.


(Little cousin was teaching me his mad gamer skills)

<3

Travel as often as you can. Any chance you have, go out and visit new places. 


It doesn't have to be far. It can be a new little city you've heard about and have been wanting to check out. 


Go with a bunch of fun friends, family, or even yourself, take a day trip. But seriously just go. I know I know, I'm getting all cheesy and throwing out those cliche phrases but in all honesty, you won't regret it, you'll just regret it if you don't people!


I mean, good times equals awesome pictures because you're just there to have a good time :)

Until next time lovies,
XO
-AP

No comments:

Post a Comment