Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Believing Again

Have you noticed that most posts about love or falling in love tend to be on the negative side? Maybe I'm wrong, I'm sure there's a good amount of positive posts on sites I haven't seen. Well, instead of writing about how falling in love and then being disappointed when/if it doesn't end up working out, I've decided to write a little bit about how falling in love with a great guy I met has honestly changed my life for the better.


Now, I'm not saying that I'm going to be all mushy gushy about him, that's just annoying. All I will definitely say is that he is a good one, with a great heart, and the memories I have of us will always have a place with me... ALRIGHT that's enough of THAT.

I just woke up this morning feeling really happy that I was given the opportunity to even date him for the time we had.

I've come to realize that when I go on dates, I almost always have excuses on why I shouldn't date them. Kind of like Chandler from F.R.I.E.N.D.S (I am ashamed if you are not a fan), he always had an excuse for every girl he met/went on a date with: ears are too big, has "goo" in corner of eye, big feet, what have you; that was me for the longest time. I have such high standards for when it comes to dedicating time to certain people, mainly guys, that when I do finally give them that chance, it's a pretty big deal in my book. (So, if you couldn't tell, I have never really dated anyone until recently that lasted longer than a month...yea, that's embarrassing but whatevs, it's all good, I passed the 1 month mark! Cheers to me! LOL).


You know what I realized? Dating someone, like really date someone, is really cool. You get the awesome opportunity to share stories, emotions, ask for advice or give advice, adventures, and just having that person everyday is truly amazing. I had never fallen in love with anyone before, just because I tend to push away to avoid getting hurt, I guess it's more of fear rather than anything else.

At first, when you see him, meet him, hang out with him, oh man the feelings are SO GREAT. You want to look cute, smell awesome, and just cannot wait to hang with him.


I think honestly, when you truly give time and dedication to that person, you open up so much that they become that person you run to instantly. You trust them. They become your best friend and that's what happened with me. People tell me to move on and forget about the past but I think what they don't put into perspective is that, telling me, AP, to forget about a best friend is probably one of the hardest things you can ask me to do. I'm a Libra...Libras are all about caring and sharing love; do you see my issue? I have enough trouble coming to the end of a delicious slice of pizza...


So, I guess this post was more of me wanting to type out as much as I can for the moment about how this guy I dated has truly made me believe that love DOES in fact exist and guys...you have no idea how awesome that is to know that. 

Before I met him, I had gotten to a point in my life where I was ready to give up on believing there's someone out there for me and that makes me so sad that I even thought so negatively about something so beautiful.


I'm that girl who loves romantic comedies, love stories, and Disney definitely influenced on me...those dang standards about love are quite high in Disney's fantasy world BUT you can't blame a girl for wanting that special spark...


K not that kind but a little more like...


<3

So to conclude my silly girl post about love, which I do believe in ;) , I am happy to say, that thanks to that awesome guy, I now know what it takes and feels like to love and be truly happy. For that, I am forever grateful.

XO
-AP

P.S.

I PROMISE the next post will be about food or travel or just something not gushy haha. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment