Friday, April 24, 2015

Going On A Whim




It started with me meeting up with a client in Dana Point...


Beautiful right? Paddleboarders, swimmers, fishers, awesome weather, unknown territory. It had been my first time going, and I thought it was just too cute to leave.

After some time spent at Dana Point, I wasn't ready to go home just yet. And seeing that San Diego and my brother were only an hour away, I texted him asking if it was cool to hang, once he said yes, I hopped in my car and drove over.

It ended up being such a good time. I got a chance to be a student in disguise and saw him working at his new little coffee gig. He's so energetic and it seems like the students really like him there. I don't want to be biased but if I were a student there, I wouldn't mind having a happy barista working. I feel like that just makes the environment more welcoming. :)


It's a cute little lounge those kids have. A lot of coffee inspired quotes, especially "No matter what historians say, BC stands for BEFORE COFFEE". Love it


It was really cute, he was so happy I had decided to visit him. We ended up going to a really nice restaurant in SD. It was a little cosy house feel to it...maybe because it WAS a house. The patio, the inside, the outside was all decorated very nicely. These are my favorite kind of spots, different but cute with a homey feel.

The food was delicious, we had duck, lamb, and an amazing cheese and meat platter, all so freakin good. The sauces the meat and cheese dish came with each had it's own specific kick, which sauces should right? The flavors were all there, nothing too strong, just right.

Best part? Besides the Sangria? ... Little brother treated :)




I was a happy camper


The plan was to have me drive home that night but sometimes you just get into great conversations that time flies and then it's midnight and a bit too late to be driving 2 hours home. Luckily, he rocks and cares about me that I was able to crash at his place.

WHICH! was great because the next day, he and his friends invited me to go on a coffee crawl <3 I posted some pics of the locations we went to on my Instagram. Follow me @Hey_ItsAnaP and/or @Miss_FoodRoute


I am still learning about coffee roasters and the difference between coffee houses and shops; who knew there was so much to learn. Luckily, it looks like his friends like me and I showed them I'm truly eager to learn more about it all.


And ok, not only do I love coffee...but I just adore getting those artsy fartsy shots. The picture on the right, however, was taken by my brother's friend, so that's a repost; just thought it was too cool to pass up on posting here.

XO
-AP

No comments:

Post a Comment